- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mac & Cheese Carbonara Recipe Video
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound, cooked to al dente|
|For carbonara topping|
|Pancetta slices||10 , roughly chopped|
|Bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parmigiano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (fresh)|
|For mac & cheese|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fontina cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Parmigiano cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 918 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.7%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.9 mg
Sodium 1143.8 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 74% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking pan with butter and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a dry saute pan cook pancetta until slightly crisp. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine breadcrumb, cheese, and parsley. Mix well.
5. Add pancetta and 2 tablespoons of pan dripping in the bowl. Mix well and set aside.
6. In the remaining pancetta dripping throw garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
7. Add flour and cook until nice, bubbly and slightly browned.
8. Slowly pour cream and milk. Mix well.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
10. Add fontina, Parmigiano and mozzarella. Stir and cook until cheese melts.
11. Add cooked pasta and mix well.
12. Into a buttered baking pan, transfer the mixture. Spread evenly.
13. Spread and press breadcrumb mixture evenly on top.
14. Drizzle olive oil and pop it in oven for 20-25 minutes or until nice and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
15. Serve Mac & Cheese Carbonara hot.