- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Bacon White Cheddar Mac 'n Cheese ☆ Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White cheddar||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Crisp bacon||5 , crumbled|
|Cooking spray||3 Dash|
|For boiling macroni|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|White cheddar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg
Sodium 2336 mg97.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 73% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray an 8 inch by 12 inch Pyrex dish with cooking oil spray.
3. In a large pot, pour water and bring it to a boil. Add salt and macaroni, cook for about 8 minutes.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and stir over medium heat until smooth and bubbly.
5. Pour in milk and stir in shredded white cheddar cheese and salt. Mix well, cook for few minutes, until the mixture turns smooth.
6. When the macaroni is done, strain it through a colander to drain the water. Place the macaroni back to the pot.
7. Stir in the white cheddar cheese sauce gently until completely mixed. Add crumbled strips of crisp bacon and stir until combined.
8. Transfer the macaroni to the prepared dish. Top with shredded white cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until done to your liking.
9. Sprinkle 2 crumbled strips of crisp bacon over the top of the baked casserole and serve immediately.