- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Ma Po Tofu Recipe Video
|Ground chicken||11 Ounce|
|Chinese rice wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tofu||5 Ounce, firm|
|Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chili||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chili bean paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, chopped (as required)|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg
Sodium 975.2 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the ground chicken with 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce.
2) Mix thoroughly and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
3) Roughly dice the tofu into cubes.
4) Trim and slice the scallions.
5) In a wok, heat the peanut oil and brown the marinated ground chicken over a medium high heat for a few minutes.
6) Stir in the chopped ginger, garlic, chili and scallions, stir fry for about 30 seconds.
7) Then stir in the chili bean paste and some more dark soy sauce and Chinese rice wine vinegar.
8) Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for about 2 minutes.
9) Once the liquid is reduced, add the tofu and mix gently.
10) Then stir in a little corn starch dissolved in chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
11) Garnish the spicy ma po tofu with chopped cilantro and scallions and serve hot.