- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe
|Vegetable margarine||1 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and very finely chopped|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and very thinly sliced preferably in food processor|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a very large bowl, put the margarine and on high power, heat for 30 seconds to melt.
2) To this, add the onion and then season with salt and pepper.
3) Cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
4) Now, add the parsley.
5) Then, in a clean cloth, dry the sliced potatoes.
6) To the onion mixture, gradually add the potatoes. Stir gently to coat the slices with the mix.
7) To a shallow round flameproof dish, transfer the mixture, arranging the top layer in overlapping order.
8) With a plastic film, cover the dish and on high power, cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes turn tender.
9) Now, uncover and under a hot grill, brown the surface putting the dish about 4 inches away.
10) Serve the Lyonnaise Potatoes hot, garnished with a couple of parsley sprigs.