- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Baker's yeast||50 Gram|
|All purpose flour||700 Gram|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.5 mg
Sodium 52.7 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Warm the mixture to 37 oC (100 oF).
3. Use a thermometer; the correct temperature is important!
4. Pour the mixture over the finely divided yeast; then add the remaining ingredients (except for the egg and the raisins), which should have a temperature of 21-23 oC (72-75 oF).
5. Mix into a smooth dough.
6. Cover the dough with a piece of cloth and let it rise for 30 minutes.
7. Knead the dough, divide it into 25-30 pieces and form each piece into a round bun.
8. Let the buns rest for a few minutes, covered by a piece of cloth.
9. Form each bun into a string, 15-20 cm long, then arrange the string in a suitable shape, e.g. an S or double S. Regardless of the shape, the ends of the string should meet.
10. Press a few raisins into the dough.
11. Cover the"Lucia cats" with a piece of cloth and let them rise for 40 minutes.
12. Whip the egg together with a few grains of salt, and paint the"Lucia cats" with the mixture.
13. Bake them for 5-10 minutes in the oven at 250 oC (475 oF) until golden brownish yellow.