- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Luscious Almond Caramel Pie Recipe
|Readymade pie crust||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unsalted butter/Butter / margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Almond paste||8 Ounce, cut into small pieces|
|Caramel ice cream topping||12 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar / 1 Cup)|
|Sliced almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7416 Calories from Fat 3849
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 436 g671%
Saturated Fat 169.6 g848.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1252.8 mg
Sodium 2491.4 mg103.8%
Total Carbohydrates 777 g259.1%
Dietary Fiber 31 g123.9%
Sugars 293.5 g
Protein 82 g164.1%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 132.3% Iron 119.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.) Heat oven to 400°F.
3. In small bowl, combine butter, 2 teaspoons flour, almond paste and eggs at medium speed until well blended.
4. (Mixture will not be smooth.) Spoon mixture evenly into pie crust-lined pan.
5. Bake at 400°F. for 17 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and light golden brown.
6. Reserve 1/3 cup of the caramel topping.
7. In small bowl using wire whisk, blend remaining caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
8. Stir in almonds.
9. Carefully spoon over baked filling in pie pan.
10. Return to oven.
11. Bake an additional 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
13. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
14. In large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
15. Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of chilled pie, leaving 4-inch circle in center.
16. Just before serving, drizzle about 2 teaspoons of the reserved caramel topping over each piece.
17. Store in refrigerator.