- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pinoy Lumpiang Toge (Vegetable Egg Roll) Part 1 of 2 Recipe Video
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon (2-3)|
|Chopped tomato||3 Tablespoon (2-3)|
|Pork chop||1 Large, cubed (however much you want)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, remove tail and cut in half (however much you want)|
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or chopped)|
|Chopped cilantro/Parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Broth cube||2 (beef or pork)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Pound|
|Boiled eggs||3 , sliced|
|Potato||2 , chopped, fried|
|Lumpia wrapper||10 , separated|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fried garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped red onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.5 mg
Sodium 1115.6 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 58.4% Vitamin C 29.7%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saute pan, heat oil and fry potatoes until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic, onion, tomato, and pork. Cook for several minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and stir well.
4. Dissolve the broth cubes in about ¼ cup of water and pour it in the pan.
5. Stir in carrot and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add cilantro, stir well and then put bean sprouts. Stir and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Be careful not to overcook the bean sprouts.
7. Drain excess fat from the mixture.
8. In a small bowl, mix some hot water and cornstarch to make a paste. Set aside.
9. Put some pork mixture into the lumpia skin. Add a slice of egg, and a few pieces of potato and roll it. Seal it with a cornstarch paste.
10. In a pan, heat oil and deep fry rolls until golden brown.
For the sauce:
11. In a bowl, combine soy sauce and vinegar.
12. Add garlic, onion, and a little bit of ginger powder. Mix well and adjust to taste.
13. Serve roll hot with sauce.