- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Lukumades Recipe Video
|Active dry yeast||8 Gram|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 98.4 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix together yeast, salt, and 1 ½ cup of water.
2. Add flour, a little at a time and whisk constantly.
3. Pour another ½ cup of water, mix well, and cover the bowl with wet towel. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. In a frying pan heat oil, and drop 1 teaspoon each of batter as shown in the video. Fry until golden brown.
5. Transfer it to a paper towel to drain.
6. Drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
7. Serve and enjoy!