- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lucky Corn Clovers Recipe
|Dry yeast packets||2|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 37.1 mg
Sodium 348.5 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cup of lukewarm water, crumble the yeast and add 1teaspoon sugar, stirring lightly to dissolve. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, heat milk to luke warm temperature.
3. Dissolve salt, and sugar in milk and add shortening.
4. Grease well a muffin tray with oil or butter..
5. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F 20 minutes before baking time.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add corn meal.
7. Add the milk mixture, eggs and yeast starter to the cornmeal and mix well.
8. Gradually add flour to the bowl stir well to bind into dough.
9. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface; continue to knead with the back of your palm, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
10. Form into a tight ball and return the dough into a greased bowl.
11. Grease the top and sides of dough with melted shortening and cover bowl with a kitchen towel.
12. Rest bowl in a warm place and allow fermentation for about 1 ½ hours or until the dough has doubled in volume.
13. Grease your hands with shortening.
14. Take small portions of the dough and form into small balls using your thumb and forefinger to shape.
15. Arrange 4 small balls in each muffin cup.
16. Glaze the rolls with melted shortening if desired.
17. Cover and prove rolls for 20 minutes in a warm place
18. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
19. Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes before serving.
20. Serve clovers with soup or main course or have them for breakfast.