- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or as required)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 44.3 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt.
2) Add the oil and evenly mix into the flour mixture.
3) Gradually pour in water and combine with the flour mixture.
4) Knead the mixture properly until the dough becomes smooth but little stiff.
5) Place the kneaded dough aside for 15 minutes, by covering.
6) Divide the dough in balls of 2-inch diameter. Slightly flatten the ball.
7) On a floured board, roll the ball carefully to a 4-5 inch round.
8) In a deep skillet, add sufficient oil to heat up on high.
9) Just before the oil start smoking, reduce the heat to medium.
10) Place the round shaped dough to fry on both sides, until it turns light brown.
11) Drain the oil and place on paper towel to soak extra oil.
12) Repeat the frying process for each of the round-shaped dough.
13) Serve immediately with any side dish of your choice.