- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Luby’s Spanish Indian Baked Corn Recipe Video
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream style corn||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Whole kernel corn||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Jalapeno||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pimentos||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Corn bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (leftover corn bread or corn bread muffins)|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.8 mg
Sodium 518.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat,add bacon and cook until crisp.
3. Add onion, celery and bell pepper and saute 2 minutes over low heat.Set aside.
4. In another smaller pan, throw in the butter and melt it.
5. Add milk, corn, jalapenos, pimentos, salt and sugar and heat everything on low.
6. Add the above mixture to the skillet having the bacon and the vegetables.
7. Take about 1 cup of corn bread crumbs and add to the above mixture. Mix everything together over low heat.
8. Pour in a 8x11 and 1/2-inch pan.
9. Moisten remaining cornbread crumbs with remaining butter and sprinkle on top of corn mixture.
10. Bake until crumbs are light brown.
11. Serve right away.