- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lower Fat Chili Cheese Fries Recipe Video
|Ground turkey||20 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salsa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Rinsed And Drained)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||3 Pound, scrubbed clean|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Greek yogurt/Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , finely chopped|
Calories 1957 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.9%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 243.5 mg81.2%
Sodium 2366.5 mg98.6%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 42.3 g169.2%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 116 g232%
Vitamin A 119% Vitamin C 310.5%
Calcium 85% Iron 123.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (or 220 degrees C)
2. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Slice the potatoes into French fry shaped pieces that are roughly the same size.
4. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
For the chili:
5. In a large sauté pan, crumble and brown the turkey in a tablespoon of olive oil, over medium high heat.
6. Add the tomato sauce, salsa, water, beans and seasonings and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
7. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes but longer would be fine.
In the meantime make your fries.
8. Divide the prepared potatoes between the 2 pans making sure each fry has contact with the pan.
9. Bake them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes then rotate the pans and flip the fries and bake them for an additional 20 minutes. When they’re crispy and tender, sprinkle them with a little chili powder.
10. Place a pile of fries on your plate, top with a ladle of chili, grated cheddar, Greek yogurt, and green onions.
11. Serve immediately.