- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Frozen Lemon Custard Recipe
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), undiluted|
|Egg||1 , separated|
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.1 mg
Sodium 81.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.38%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the control of refrigerator to coldest setting and allow milk to chill in it until ice crystals are seen around edge.
2) In lemon juice, dissolve saccharin.
3) Into a chilled bowl, pour the chilled milk and beat until it forms peaks.
4) Beat in salt and egg white for 1 minute.
5) Mix egg yolk with sweetened lemon juice, beating well and add to whipped milk.
6) Refrigerate to freeze and serve chilled.