- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basmati Rice with Low Fat Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Video
|Tikka masala sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Non fat greek yogurt||150 Gram|
|Chicken breasts||2 , cut into 5-6 large chunks (Free-Range)|
|Tikka masala curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Reduced fat coconut milk/Light coconut milk||200 Milliliter|
|0% fat greek yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Handful Of)|
|Basmati rice||100 Gram|
|Black mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1343 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.3%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 202 mg
Sodium 1449.2 mg60.4%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.5%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 101 g202.4%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 62.1%
Calcium 18% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat a conventional oven to 220ºC or a fan-assisted one to 200ºC.
3. Wipe the marinade off the chicken and place, piece by piece, onto a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly charred, but not cooked through.
4. You are just trying to get some colour here because the chicken will finish cooking in the curry sauce. Set the tikka chicken aside while you make the sauce.
5. Heat the curry paste in a saucepan. Add the onion and sweat slowly over a low heat for five to eight minutes or until the onion is translucent and soft.
6. It is important to take the time to do this slowly because the onion will then release its natural sugars, producing a sweeter dish, but be careful not to do this over too high a heat because the curry paste will burn.
7. Add the passatta and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and add the tikka chicken.
8. Cook over a low heat for five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Finish by stirring through the yoghurt and coriander.
9. To make the fragrant rice, add the rice, a pinch of salt and the aromatics to a pan and cover with enough water to come 1cm over the top of the rice.
10. Bring to the boil and simmer for eight minutes, covered.
11. The rice should have absorbed almost all of the water, but still be a bit wet.
12. Remove from the heat and leave to absorb the remaining water for 10 minutes, covered. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving with the curry.