- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Banana||3 Medium, mashed|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.8 mg
Sodium 354.7 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F and grease a loaf tin with oil or butter.
2. In a bowl. place the peeled bananas and mash them using fork.
3. In a bowl, place together butter, applesauce, milk, mashed bananas, eggs and brown sugar, and whisk all together with whisk or in mixer to make a smooth mixture.
4. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and whisk it together until smooth
5. In a greased loaf pan, pour the batter and flatten it.
6. Bake the bread in oven for about 70 minutes or until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick poked in centre comes out clean.
7. Run the knife on along the sides and remove the bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
8. Slice and serve warm as a teatime snack with coffee, tea or milk, as desired.