- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Lemon and Almond Cake Recipe Video
|Plain flour||55 Gram|
|Ground almonds||200 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1266 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 558.3 mg186.1%
Sodium 586.9 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 53.8 g
Protein 32 g65%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 148.9%
Calcium 51.4% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Halve the lemon, remove the pips, then purée in a blender, skin and all.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C. Oil a 20cm, round springform cake tin and line with a disc of baking parchment.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and thick.
5. Fold in the flour, baking powder, almonds and lemon purée.
6. Pour into the tin and bake for one hour until the top is golden.
7. Do keep an eye on it for the last 15 mins as fructose sugar is slightly more likely to catch. The cake will be fairly dark though.
8. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a rack and cool completely.