- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Sodium Mayonnaise Recipe
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 555.3 mg185.1%
Sodium 32 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small, cup combine vinegar and lemon juice. Keep aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine yolks and seasonings.
3. Use an electric beater or wire whisk to beat the mixture until pale and thick.
4. Spoon oil, a teaspoon at a time, while whisking or beating at a low speed.
5. When the emulsion begins to thicken, pour the oil, in a thin and steam stream beating constantly.
6. Once thick and all the oil has been incorporated, add the vinegar-lemon mixture and beat lightly.
7. Use the mayonnaise in cooking, to dress salads or to coat cold foods.