- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Sodium Jelled Milk Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 86.4 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 2 tablespoon of water, soften the gelatin.
2) Stir in the boiling water and mix until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3) Combine the milk and mix well.
4) Place the gelatin-milk mixture in a covered container in the refrigerator.
5) When it is jelled, it is ready to use.
6) Mix jelled milk with an equal amount of cold low-sodium low-fat milk in the blender and use it over fruit or cereal.
7) The thick, creamy consistency makes the milk seem richer.
8) Serve as desired like an excellent beverage.