- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Raw Vegan Pesto Recipe Video
|Arugula leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Holy basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 63.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, place the zucchinis and using a sharp knife, chop them into 1/4 inch thick slices and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add the zucchini pieces, followed by arugula, holy basil, Italian parsley, pine nuts and garlic.
3. Place the lid of the processor and blend for about 6 - 7 minutes or until well combined.
4. Once done, remove the pesto into a bowl.
5. Serve the raw vegan pesto sauce as a salad dressing or as dip with zucchini chips.