- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low-fat Penne and Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe Video
|Penne rigate||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Reduced-fat mayonnaise||6 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 tablespoon fresh shaved off dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
|Shallot||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, ends trimmed, blanched, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Smoked salmon||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 0.50 inch pieces (Cold)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2453 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg27.2%
Sodium 3050.2 mg127.1%
Total Carbohydrates 392 g130.7%
Dietary Fiber 45.6 g182.4%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 116 g232.6%
Vitamin A 317% Vitamin C 114.3%
Calcium 50.9% Iron 144.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2) Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3) Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and tarragon or dill (I prefer dill - due to the fact of tarragons licorice flavor).
4) Add chopped shallot.
5) In large bowl, toss together asparagus, salmon and pasta.
6) Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
7) Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
8) Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve the dish.