- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Peach Cobbler Recipe
|Peach nectar/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peach preserves/Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peaches||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|1% milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg
Sodium 124.5 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 247.9%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the peach nectar, preserves, cornstarch, and lemon juice and stir until blended.
4. Stir in the peaches and place pan over moderate heat.
5. Simmer peaches for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6. Remove pan from heat. Turn the peaches into the greased baking dish and keep warm in the preheated oven.
7. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
8. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
9. Pour the egg- milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
10. Top the peaches with this topping and return to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden brown and crisp.
11. Serve cobbler warm or cool.