- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Large|
|Onion||1⁄2 , peeled|
|Butter buds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Per Potato, Or More To Taste)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or More Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 37 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.04 g0.06%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg
Sodium 148.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 0.63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and quarter the potatoes.
2. In a pot, place the optional onion, and add the potatoes and cover them with cold water.
3. Place the pot on heat and boil the potatoes, covered, for about 20 minutes until just tender. Check if they are tender enough with the tip of a sharp knife.
4. Don't overcook the potatoes, or they will be waterlogged.
5. In a colander, drain the potatoes and discard onion, if used.
6. Into a small bowl, scoop out the flesh, taking care not to break the skin.
7. Place the potatoes back in the pot and briefly shake dry over heat.
8. Sprinkle with Butter Buds and cover the pot.
9. Let the pot sit this way for 5 minutes.
10. First, mash the potatoes, then gradually switch to a whisk and beat in enough milk to give a good consistency.
11. Add salt and pepper, more Butter Buds, and several gratings of nutmeg if you like.
12. Serve warm as a side dish