- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Guacamole Dip With Peas Recipe Video
|Green peas/Canned green peas, rinsed and drained||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Ripe avocado/Null||1 (Null)|
|Salsa/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Lemon juice/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Green onions/Null||1 , thinly sliced (Null)|
|Fresh cilantro/Null||1 Tablespoon, minced (Null)|
|Garlic/Null||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Null)|
|Cumin/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground (Null)|
|Salt/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1161.4 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 199.9%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lengthwise cut the avocado in half and twist to separate the halves.
3. Discard the pit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
4. For chunky guacamole, mash the avocado and peas together using a potato masher or fork.
5. For a creamier texture, combine the avocado and peas a food processor.
6. Add the salsa, lemon juice, optional green onion, garlic, and cumin and stir or process until well combined.
7. Mix in the cilantro at the end.
8. Season with salt taste.