- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Date Bran Cupcakes Recipe
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted, chopped|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Bran flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 210.8 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Mix dates tossed with baking powder in boiling water. Keep aside and allow to cool.
3. Mix oil, sugar, and vanilla well with date mixture and beat in flour, nuts, and bran.
4. Transfer equally into 12 greased muffin pans and bake for 25 minutes or the cake teaser inserted comes out clean.
5. Place the pans on cake rack and allow to cool.
6. Using a spatula, loosen the sides and store in an airtight container until served.
7. Serve Date Bran Cupcakes with hot coffee.