- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Country Seafood Boil Recipe
|Potatoes||6 Large, halved|
|Sweet onions||4 Large, halved|
|Live blue crabs||1 Dozen|
|Crab boil||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Garlic buds||3 (Whole)|
|Lemons||6 , halved|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ears of fresh corn||1 Dozen|
|Unpeeled shrimp||5 Pound|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocktail sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 2229 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1003.2 mg
Sodium 4405.4 mg183.6%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g118.1%
Dietary Fiber 44 g176.1%
Sugars 59.4 g
Protein 191 g381.1%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 477%
Calcium 67.8% Iron 147.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 5-6 gallon pot, fill with 2/3rd water and allow boiling.
2. Once boiled, put potatoes, onion and salt and let the ingredients cook on high flame for 20 minutes after covering.
3. Add crabs, crab boil, garlic, lemons and vinegar and let them cook for 10 minutes.
4. Once done, lower the flame and put corn.
5. Cook for 5 more minutes and when done turn the heat off; put shrimps and let them stay in water for 5 minutes.
6. Strain the water and place the crab, shrimp, corn and potatoes on serving platter.
7. Serve warm tossed with melted butter and cocktail sauce.