- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Country Boil Recipe Video
|Red potatoes||20 Small|
|Corn ears||4 Medium, cut in half|
|Smoked turkey sausages||2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks|
|Zatarain s shrimp boil||4 Ounce|
|Zatarain shrimp boil concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onions||2 Medium, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks (with roots)|
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.9 mg
Sodium 5175.8 mg215.7%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 91 g181.6%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 223.4%
Calcium 23% Iron 167.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the shrimps.
2. Chop the onions into chunks with roots to hold during boiling.
3. Cut the corn ears into half.
4. Slice the sausages into thick slices.
5. In a large pot, fill water and heat.
6. Put red potatoes, corn ears, sausages into it.
7. Add the shrimp boil and the concentrate and mix well to combine.
8. Put in the sweet onions and let it cook for 40 minutes on high heat.
9. Add the shrimps and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or till the shrimps turn pink.
10.Turn off the heat and drain the water.
11. In a serving plate, place each of the ingredient and serve hot.