- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Scotcharoo Bars Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Natural sugar free peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Splenda/Liquid equivalent||19 Tablespoon (16 tbsp. for the peanut layer and remaining for the chocolate layer)|
|Whey protein powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (vanilla flavor)|
|Coconut||3 Cup (48 tbs), toasted|
|Coconut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg
Sodium 26.4 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.56%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, melt butter and peanut butter. Mix together with the Splenda. Add the whey protein powder and stir.
2. Add in toasted coconut and combine well.
3. Line a 8x11-inch baking pan with foil.
4. In a ceramic bowl, melt coconut oil in the microwave and combine with cocoa powder and Splenda.
5. Pour mixture in the lined pan and press out to the edge and flat with a piece of plastic wrap.
6. Chill peanut butter layer in refrigerator for 60 minutes.
7. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer.
8. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
9. Cut the Scotcharoo Bars into squares and serve.