- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Quiche With Broccoli And Swiss Cheese Recipe Video
|Broccoli florets||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 433.6 mg144.5%
Sodium 539.3 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease the baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a vessel boil water and add in the broccoli, blanch for 1 minute 30 seconds. Drain the broccoli and place in a bowl of cold water.
3. In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp on both sides. Drain on a paper towel and chop, set aside.
4. Remove the excess fat from the pan and add in the onion
5. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs. Add in the heavy cream and whisk.
6. Season with salt and pepper and again whisk.
7. Add in onion and cheese, mix for few minutes.
8. Add in the broccoli and mix all the ingredients well.
9. Stir in the bacon and stir for few minutes.
10. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly with spatula.
11. Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
12. Serve the quiche with tossed salad and enjoy!