- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Italian Pasta Carbonara Recipe Video
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 tbsp. for garnishing and remaining for the carbonara)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 249.2 mg
Sodium 518 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Quarter one spaghetti squash. In a large pot of boiling salted water, place spaghetti squash for 30 minutes until the stringy inside easily flakes out.
2. In a large frying pan, cook bacon until crispy and set aside. Chop the bacons.
3. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from pan. Pour in olive oil.
4. Cook onions until translucent.
5. Add in the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Pour in the white wine and reduce to desired consistency.
7. Add in bacon and spaghetti squash. Fry for a few minute.
8. Pour in the eggs, continuously stirring until beginning to set.
9. Add in cheese, cream, and water. Stir until well incorporated and “spaghetti” are covered.
10. Garnish Italian Pasta Carbonara with black pepper, parsley and parmesan cheese and serve.