- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Gluten-free Banana Bread Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.9%
Saturated Fat 23.4 g116.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 356 mg118.7%
Sodium 280.6 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 15 g29%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 0.72%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (225 degrees C).
2. Grease 2 mini loaf pans with oil, butter or baking spray.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter, and beat the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
4. Add sucralose (Splenda), vanilla extract and banana extract to the mixing bowl, and slowly add eggs one at a time, while the beating constantly on low speed.
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well blended.
6. Mix for 30 seconds on a medium-high speed.
7. Reduce speed to low, and add almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda to the creamed mixture. Mix for 1 minute.
8. Divide the batter between the two well-greased mini loaf pans.
9. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until light and spongy to touch and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf.
10. Remove from oven and let cool in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Slice and serve at teatime or for breakfast.