- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna Recipe Video
|Canned whole peeedl tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained, coarsely chopped|
|Canned tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large|
|White mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn and stems removed ((about 3/4 of an ounce))|
|Whole wheat lasagna noodles||8 Ounce, cooked as directed|
|Part skimmed mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.7 mg
Sodium 589.8 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 13 g25%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 29.7%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large lasagne pan, spray vegetable cooking oil.
3. Cut ends of the eggplant and cut lengthwise into ½ inch slices.
4. Sprinkle salt on each side of eggplant slice and keep aside in a colander for 15 min.
5. In a large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil and sauté mushroom and garlic over medium high heat until mushrooms are well browned and water has evaporated.
6. Remove from pan and set aside.
7. In the same pan, heat olive oil and fry eggplant slices in batches until eggplant are soft and browned on both sides.
8. In a separate bowl, mix together canned tomato, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar; set aside.
9. Line the bottom of the baking dish with 3 lasagna noodles followed by half of the eggplant, half of the mushroom, half of basil leaves, 1/3rd of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the tomato sauce.
10. Cover with 3 noodles, remaining eggplant, mushrooms, basil, another 1/3rd of mozzarella cheese and 1/3rd of the tomato sauce.
11. Cover with remaining noodles, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
13. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.