- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Corn Beef And Cabbage Recipe Video
|Corn beef brisket||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Seasoning packet||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 4 pieces|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.9 mg
Sodium 3173.7 mg132.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 80 g160.4%
Vitamin A 54.6% Vitamin C 116.3%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 40.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil corn beef brisket in water; add seasoning, salt, parsley, garlic cloves, ginger, bay leaves and carrot.
2. Skim impurities from the boiling water.
3. Turn stove to low flame cover the pan. Simmer for 150 minutes.
4. Add onions to the broth.
5. Add turnips and cabbage to the broth.
6. Separate vegetables and beef from the broth and brush melted butter over the vegetables and beef. Serve hot.