- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Carb Scotch Eggs Recipe Video
|Boiled eggs||5 Large|
|Sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pork rind||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Olive oil spray||1 Dash|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.2 mg53.4%
Sodium 950.9 mg39.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 38 g76.7%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, add in the eggs and cook for 12 minutes.
2. Take out the eggs and place into a cold water bath. Peel each egg over running water and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
4. In a large bowl, add in the sausage meat and season with onions, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients with hands.
5. Divide meat into 5 sections. Flatten each section and dip into the carbquik mixture.
6. Dip the eggs into the carbquick, place over the patties and fold over the egg. Repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
7. Dip each ball into the beaten egg and coat with pork rind.
8. Place the balls in a baking dish and grease with olive oil spray.
9. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
10. Serve Scotch Eggs with mustard sauce.