- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Sponge Cake Recipe
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2598 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1273.5 mg
Sodium 1852 mg77.2%
Total Carbohydrates 512 g170.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 315.4 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 161.6% Iron 105.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Add milk to a small saucepan, heat till it starts bubbling, take off from heat and keep aside.
3. Take a waxed paper and sieve in flour with salt and baking powder onto it and keep aside.
4. Take a large electric mixer bowl, add eggs and whisk, at high speed, till eggs become thick and lemon yellow. Add sugar slowly and continue to whisk for about 10 minutes for the mixture to blend well and become smooth.
5. Lower the speed, add the reserved flour mixture and beat to a smooth mixture. Add lemon peel and warm milk and beat till the mixture just blends.
6. Take a 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom, transfer the batter and allow to bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or till a knife inserted comes out clean.
7. Place the pan upside down with the middle potion above a bottle neck and cool thoroughly.
8. Remove from pan and serve plain.