- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Serendipity Salad Recipe
|Cooked chicken breast/Cooked chicken thighs||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut in to chunks|
|Cauliflowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched and drained|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut in half|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Crisp salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn in bite-size pieces (Use Arugula, Lettuce, Spinach Etc)|
|Low calorie italian dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Bottled)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 844.3 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 55.2%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a salad bowl, combine salad ingredients, except the salad greens.
2. Make the dressing or use bottled dressing and pour over the salad.
3. Mix well, using two salad spoons to toss.
4. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to chill if you like
5. Just before serving, add crisp salad green and toss again.
6. Heap salad on individual plates.
7. Serve immediately before greens become soggy.