- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Italian Dressing Recipe
|Liquid fruit pectin||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 27 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.22%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 391.8 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 0.58 g1.2%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, make a mixture of fruit pectin, onion, garlic salt, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
2) Add the cider vinegar and about Â½ cup water to this mix.
3) After covering this mix, refrigerate this overnight or about 8 hours so that it is ready for use.
4) If the mixture needs to be stored, transfer it to a sealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5) Before serving, shake the dressing well.