- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bison Sirloin Roast by the BBQ Pit Boys Recipe Video
|Bison sirloin tip roast||2 1⁄2 Pound (1)|
|Ale||2 Bottle (2 l)|
|Flavorings||5 Tablespoon, divided (Mixture of Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or beer)|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg36.6%
Sodium 146.9 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.1% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a 1 gallon zip lock pouch, place the bison steak, pour in the bottles of ale and about 2 tablespoons of flavoring mixture.
2. Work the marinade around and allow the beef to marinate for about 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Once marinated, rub the steak generously with the flavoring mixture. Ensure the steak is coated well.
4. Place the steak on a hot grill and cook at 275 degree F for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degree F, with the lid on.
5. After 1 hour, turn and baste the steak with some beer or beef broth.
6. Once the steak is cooked, take the steak off the grill, cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes
7. Carve the steak up and serve it up as a sandwich with your favorite topping or as main.