- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Love Drops Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring/Flavoring of preference||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3144 Calories from Fat 1660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.7%
Saturated Fat 117.4 g587%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 668.9 mg
Sodium 37 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 344 g114.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 153.7 g
Protein 30 g60.2%
Vitamin A 116.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.1% Iron 67%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter.
3) Add the egg yolk. Mix well.
4) Add the flour very gradually, mix well and then add the flavoring.
5) Roll the mixture into small balls.
6) Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet. In the center of each ball, make a dent.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, till the dough is light brown in color.
8) Take the cooked dough out of the oven and put a bit of jam or jelly in the dent.
9) Top the jelly or jam with meringue made from the egg whites.
10) Return to the oven and bake till brown.
11) Serve as preferred. Top can be garnished with red or green cherries cut in half if desired.