- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lori Vaughters Log Cabin Corn Bread Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned creamed corn||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4569 Calories from Fat 2197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 251 g385.9%
Saturated Fat 147.2 g736.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1465.6 mg
Sodium 4158.9 mg173.3%
Total Carbohydrates 498 g166%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.1%
Sugars 217.6 g
Protein 89 g177.5%
Vitamin A 158.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 257.5% Iron 97.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl and add sugar and butter into it. Blend in corn and eggs.
3. Take another bowl and add cornmeal, flour and baking powder. Combine dry mixture with butter mix and stir them lightly. Add cheeses.
4. Take greased and floured 9-by-13 inch pan and ladle the batter into it.
5. Arrange the pan in oven and bake at lower temperature 300°F for about an hour until the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Serve Lori Vaughters Log Cabin Corn Bread with warm butter and honey.