- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lone Star Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Green tomatoes||5 Large, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch round slices|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||6 Large, minced|
|Red chilli pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Lone star beer||450 Milliliter|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 893 Calories from Fat 519
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 40.6 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 93.3%
Calcium 6% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the green tomatoes into slices, about ¼ to ½ inches in thickness.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour with the black pepper, chilli flakes and minced garlic. Add the beaten eggs and lone star beer and mix very well.
3. In a non stick frying skillet, heat the oil and shallow fry the tomatoes, dipped in the batter, on medium heat. Cook them for about five minutes on each side.
4. Place the fried tomatoes on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
5. Serve along with a main dish of your choice or as a snack, with a dip.