- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
London Broil Recipe
|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 827.5 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 0.69 g0.23%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.48%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With sharp knife, trim excess fat from steak and wipe with damp paper towels.
2. Lay steak on cut- ting board.
3. In a bowl combine salad oil, parsley, garlic, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
4. Brush half of mixture over steak and let it stand for about 45 minutes.
5. Place steak, oil side up, on lightly greased broiler pan and broil, about 4 inches from heat, 5 minutes.
6. Turn steak brush with remaining oil mixture and broil 4 to 5 minutes longer.
7. Remove steak to board or platter and slice very thinly, on the diagonal across the grain.
8. Serve with Maitre d'Hotel Sauce.