- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
London Broil Recipe
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Round steak||2 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Sodium 1228.4 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 62 g124.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass baking dish, mix the soy sauce, wine, pepper, grated ginger, and garlic to make the marinade.
2. Marinate the steak in this for several hours, turning once in a while.
3. Keep the steak refrigerated until cooking time.
4. Pre-heat the broiler.
5. Remove the steak meat from the marinade.
6. Broil it quickly, for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
7. Place it on a cutting board.
8. With a well-sharpened carving knife, held at an angle and almost flat along the top of the meat, slice the steak thinly on the diagonal through to the bottom.
9. Serve hot.
The meat should be rare in the middle.