- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Tail And Shrimp Flambe Recipe
|Florida lobster tails||3 Pound (2 pieces, 1 1/2 pounds each)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Medium shrimp||2 Pound, shelled, deveined|
|Shallots||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Cognac||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Old bay seasoning||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Squid ink pasta||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Croutons||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1790 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 270.6 mg90.2%
Sodium 1021.4 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 69 g138.2%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the loose flaps from the lobster tails. Cut them crosswise into three. Slice through the centre of the front and back of the tail without breaking the shell.
2) In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium flame. Add in the lobster tails, shrimp, shallots and garlic. Saute till about 5 minutes when the lobster and shrimp change color slightly but stay firm. The vegetables should have softened.
3) In a small saucepan, add cognac and bring it to simmer on medium flame. Carefully, light the cognac taking two steps back.
4) When the flames subside, add in the lobster mixture. Stir well and fish the seafood out. Keep them warm on a platter.
5) Into the same pan, add tomato sauce, wine, tarragon, parsley, old bay seasoning and bay leaf. On high flame let the mixture come to a boil in about 10 minutes.
6) When the sauce has thickened add in salt and pepper. Mix well.
7) Add the seafood back into the pan.
8) Meanwhile, in a pot of salted, boiling water cook the squid ink pasta as per packet instructions. Drain.
9) On a large serving dish plate the pasta. Arrange the shrimps and lobster tails with their shells facing up over it. Pour the sauce on top.
10) You may serve fried croutons on the side.