- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Supreme Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lobster meat||12 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Canned lobster meat||12 Ounce (Two 6 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.6 mg
Sodium 716 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large saucepan, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water as per the directions on the label. Drain and return to the kettle.
3) Drain the lobster and rid it of any bony tissue. Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lemon juice all over.
4) In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the margarine or butter and take the pan off the heat. Blend in the salt, pepper and flour and stir in the milk gradually. Cook and stir till the sauce is thick and has boiled for about 1 minute.
5) Over the lobster, spoon about ½ cup of the sauce and mix gently. Pour the remaining sauce all over the macaroni and stir in the mustard and cheese.
6) Into a buttered 6-cup baking dish, spoon the macaroni mixture and top with the lobster mixture. Cover the dish.
7) Bake in preheated oven till the preparation is bubbly-hot, about 30 minutes in all.
8) In the meantime, cook the peas according to the directions on the label. Drain the peas and season them with salt, pepper and margarine or butter, if preferred. Keep the peas hot.
9) Serve hot after spooning the peas around the edge of casserole.