- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Soup Bearnaise Recipe
|White fish/Fish heads||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , unpeeled and sliced thin|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Quart|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Whole eggs||2 , beaten|
|Parsley/Chervil||1 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.4 mg
Sodium 522.3 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 51 g102.1%
Vitamin A 147.1% Vitamin C 118.1%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a soup kettle and add the white fish and fish heads to it.
2) Place the lobster shells along with the fish heads if you use fresh lobster.
3) Add the carrots, potatoes, thyme, garlic and sliced onion along with unpeeled thinly sliced pieces of lemon to the kettle.
4) Add some water and white wine to the contents of the kettle.
5) Bring it to a boil then simmer for 2 hours or until the bouillon becomes 2 quarts in measure.
6) Pass the entire contents through a fine sieve.
7) Add the second onion, tomatoes and paprika to a skillet and cook over low heat until the tomatoes get pureed.
8) Add the puree mixture to the fish broth after it has been passed through a sieve.
9) Add the rice to the soup and boil it for 12-15 minutes until the rice becomes tender.
10) Add small pieces of lobster meat to the soup.
11) Put the juice and rind of the second lemon into the beaten eggs.
12) Add a tablespoon of the steaming soup to the mixture and stir quickly.
13) Add this to the remaining soup and remove it from the flame.
14) Serve hot garnished with parsley or chervil after checking the seasoning.