- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southeast Asian Inspired Lobster Roll Recipe Video
|Lobster||1 1⁄2 Pound (Boiled)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Celery||2 Medium, diced finely|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Green onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|For the mayonnaise dip|
|Egg yolks||2 Medium|
|Grapeseed oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon grass||1 Teaspoon, minced finely|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For seasoning the mayonnaise)|
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 549
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.4%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 508.3 mg
Sodium 1218.8 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 68 g136.4%
Vitamin A 187% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan with water that is generously salted, boil the lobster for at least 12 to 15 minutes after which it is to be put into ice cold water to stop the cooking.
2. In a blender to make the mayonnaise add 2 egg yolks, and very gradually keep adding the oil till the mixture is emulsified to get the right consistency. To this add lemon grass and the citrus lime juice for the flavor. Also add a pinch of salt to season the mayonnaise.
3. Shell the lobster and pull out the meat and dice it into chunks.
4. Take a large mixing bowl and put all the ingredients into it along with the lobster meat and the mayonnaise. Fold it such that all the ingredients are well combined.
5. Serve the lobster meat dressing with toasted and buttered bun rolls and the roll is ready to eat.