- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Newburg In Pastry Shells Recipe
|Pastry||1 (For Little Pies Or Tarts)|
|Canned lobster meat||12 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, Two 6 Ounce Cans)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.9 mg
Sodium 584.9 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Use 6 heart-shape tart pans or individual salad molds. When baked, cool about 3 min. Use point of knife to loosen shells. Remove shells carefully to cooling racks. Cover with a clean towel and set in a warm place.
3. For Lobster Newburg—Drain lobster meat cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside.
4. Melt butter or margarine in skillet.
5. Blend in cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Bring just to boiling. Stir in lobster and cook over low heat until lobster is thoroughly heated. Vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of hot mixture into egg yolks.
7. Immediately blend into hot mixture. Place over simmering water and cook 3 to 5 min., or just until mixture thickens. Stir slowly to keep mixture cooking evenly. (Do not overcook as sauce will curdle.) Remove immediately from heat.
8. Blend in sherry.
9. Spoon into heart-shape shells.