- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster, Mashed Potatoes and Dijon Carrots Recipe Video
|Lobster tails||8 Ounce|
|For the lobster sauce|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (+ 2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|For the mashed potatoes|
|Baking potatoes||4 Medium|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1⁄4 Tablespoon (+ 1 Tablespoon)|
|Chives||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the honey dijon carrots|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1246 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.2%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.7 mg32.6%
Sodium 3195.6 mg133.1%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.4%
Sugars 41.8 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 171.1% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. For the Lobster sauce: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar.
3. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, fold in the chives, and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. For the mashed potatoes: Peel the potatoes, halve them using a sharp knife, then cut them in thirds.
5. In a large pot, pour cold water and place it on a stove set to high. Place the potatoes in the cool water and allow them to boil until tender. Drain and transfer in a bowl.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and mash the potatoes.
7. For the Dijon carrot: Peel the carrots and then cut them in a diagonal to about 1/4 inch thickness. Place these slices in boiling water and boil it for 3 minutes until slightly softened.
8. In a small saucepan on medium high, add all the ingredients for the Dijon carrot and heat it for 3 minutes until thick. Gently toss in the carrots and cook for an another 2 minutes.
9. For the lobster: Place the lobster tails on a greased baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cut from the top of the lobster all the way to the tail.
10. Using fingers, scoop the meat out and let it rest on the shell. Sprinkle the tails with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and bake it for 26 minutes.
11. Serve the baked lobster tails drizzled with the sauce along side mashed potatoes and Dijon carrot slices.
If the boiled potatoes are too dry, add some more sour cream.