- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Lobster Hushpuppies Recipe Video
|For the hushpuppies|
|Cornmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Lobster meat||6 Ounce, finely chopped (Optional)|
|For the lobster grilled cheese|
|Lobster meat||6 Ounce|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Fresh goat cheese||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), crumbled|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), shredded|
Calories 1075 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 424.8 mg
Sodium 2103.6 mg87.7%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 65 g130.6%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 53.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedDeep frying pan
1. In a mixing bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, buttermilk, eggs, Dijon mustard and lobster meat.
2. Mix well and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oil in a deep frying skillet.
4. Scoop the mixture and fry them in the hot oil, in batches.
5. Fry for 6 minutes until brown on all sides and evenly cooked.
6. Remove and drain excess oil on paper towel.
7. Serve with ketchup or dipping of your choice.
FOR THE LOBSTER GRILLED CHEESE
1. In a bowl combine lobster meat with Dijon mustard, lime juice, green onions, tarragon and salt and pepper.
2. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Butter the bread and place the buttered side done on hot pan.
4. Place the lobster mixture and spread it evenly.
5. Add mozzarella cheese, goat cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
6. Place another piece of buttered bread.
7. Flip the sandwich and toast it for few minutes.
8. Serve with French fries.