- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Gratin In Pineapple Shell Recipe
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Mixed herbs||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chayote||1 , boiled|
|Carrots||2 Small, cooked and cut into fine 1/2-inch strips (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.5 mg
Sodium 626.3 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 59.1 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C 495.4%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Halve the pineapple lengthwise with the crown.
2. Scoop out the flesh with a sharp knife and cut into small cubes. Keep aside
3. Leave the pineapple shells to drain.
4. Wash and tie the lobsters with kitchen string to fold tails inside.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F
6. In a large pot, bring enough water to cover lobsters, to a boil.
7. Add salt, mixed herbs, and wine to the boiling water.
8. Immerse the tied lobsters in the boiling water and cook them for about 15 minutes until they turn reddish orange.
9. Drain the lobsters in a colander and let cool.
10. Cut off string and, halve the lobsters lengthwise.
11. Scoop out meat, cutting it into chunks discarding the dark thread like portion.
12. In a skillet, melt the butter
13. Add shallots, garlic, mushrooms, and seasonings and sauté until soft and lightly browned.
14. Reduce heat and stir in the cream.
15. Add the lobster meat and sauté, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
16. Add parsley, chayote or peas, and carrots and adjust seasoning.
17. Take pan off the heat and stir in the chopped pineapple.
18. Dry the pineapple skins on paper toweling.
19. Spoon the lobster cream into the shells.
20. Top with Parmesan
21. Place on a baking tray in preheated oven for 15 minutes cheese melts.
22. Serve the lobster in the pineapple shells immediately.